One of my favorite meals during college days was chicken broccoli bake.
It was absolutely delicious…so creamy and flavorful. I have really stopped making casseroles all that often. We eat a lot of chicken and veggie stir fries, green beans and chicken, and veggie soup lately, but a couple Saturdays ago I decided we needed something different that we hadn’t eaten in a while, so I concocted this recipe.
Believe it or not, it tastes similar to the dish from college… maybe even better since it’s not prepared in mass quantity! You will not be disappointed with this recipe! Enjoy!
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ c. light mayonnaise
½ tbsp. onion powder
½ tbsp. poppy seeds
10 c. frozen broccoli florets
2 ½ c. cooked chicken (shredded)
1 ¾ c. extra sharp cheese
1. Combine the mushroom soup, mayonnaise, eggs, onion powder, and poppy seeds in a large pot on the stove top. Begin cooking on low-medium heat.
2. Add the broccoli florets and chicken. Continue cooking, stirring often as the broccoli thaws. Once the broccoli is mostly thawed, remove from heat, add the cheese and stir well.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 glass dish sprayed with non-stick spray such as avocado oil.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until the bake begins to brown.
5. Serve with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers or other veggies of your choice.