After preparing the lasagna, there are two lasagna noodles, along with a couple little pieces, left over in the box… Does that bother anyone? I always feel like I’m wasting food when I throw them away, but what else do you do with two pieces of lasagna? If you have any suggestions, be sure to tell me in the comments! :)
I love Italian food. Spaghetti is a favorite in our house that I usually make once a week. A couple years ago, I decided to make a homemade lasagna, and as I often do, I experimented.
This meat and veggie lasagna with spinach, zucchini, and beef is the result of that first trial lasagna!
Ingredients for Meat and Veggie Lasagna:
8 oz. fresh spinach
1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
1 c. onions and red sweet peppers (mixed… I use a frozen seasoning blend.)
½ tbsp. olive oil
½ lb. lean hamburger meat
1 jar traditional spaghetti sauce
1 box oven ready lasagna
24 oz. low fat cottage cheese
1, 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 c. extra sharp shredded cheese
Recipe Directions for Meat and Veggie Lasagna:
1. Wash and prepare veggies. Sauté spinach, zucchini, seasoning blend, and olive oil.
2. Brown hamburger and set aside. (Time Saving Tip…I cook a couple pounds of hamburger at one time and freeze portions to use for cooking.)
3. Add meat to veggies. Pour ½ jar of spaghetti sauce into baking dish and evenly distribute.
4. Add one layer of lasagna and top with the meat and veggie mixture. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the veggie and meat mixture. Add another layer of lasagna and top with cottage cheese.
5. Add a third lasagna layer. Pour diced tomatoes over the top and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes.
7. Serve with salad and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Next Recipe Suggestion: Spaghetti Bake with Spinach and Zucchini
Pin, Share, and Follow Peppermints and Cherries!