Summer Squash Casserole
Summer is the perfect time to bake a squash casserole! We have eaten a lot of squash this summer, and most of the time I slice, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, and broil in the oven. So delicious! The recipe below is another great way to use up those summer squash! And don’t forget about this recipe during the holiday season as well! Just replace the fresh squash with frozen!
3-4 lbs. summer squash (chopped or sliced) or frozen squash
¼ c. (half stick) butter
1 tsp. onion powder or 1 small onion
½ c. light mayonnaise
1 ¾ c. extra sharp cheese
- Boil squash until tender. Drain.
- Return squash to warm pot and add butter. Allow butter to melt. Stir.
- Use a food processor to chop onion into very small pieces. Add onion or sprinkle squash with onion powder.
- Add egg, light mayonnaise, and extra sharp cheese and stir.
- Transfer mixture to a 9x13 glass baking dish that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.