1 lb. lean ground beef
10-12 cabbage leaves
1 cup brown rice (cooked)
2 jars of spaghetti sauce
2 medium tomatoes
*For added veggies: Sauté onion, green pepper, and diced mushroom in olive oil, and add to the cooked ground beef.
- Brown the lean ground beef and rinse of any grease.
- Boil the cabbage leaves in salt water for approximately 7 minutes. Remove from water and place on a plate to cool. You will probably have a lot of cabbage left over from your head of cabbage, so boil the remaining cabbage in a pot of water and season with salt and pepper for an additional side dish. Or, shred it for coleslaw!
- Sprinkle the meat with onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice to the meat mixture along with eggs and one jar of spaghetti sauce. Stir.
- Spray a 9x13 glass dish with cooking spray. Fill each cabbage leaf with meat mixture, and wrap. Place the wraps in a glass baking dish upside down so the wrapped portion of the leaf is on the bottom.
- Cover the wraps with one jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce. Cover the dish with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- Top with fresh tomatoes and serve with parmesan cheese.