A freshly baked loaf of bread is always a nice gift to give or receive. During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, many of us will have family in our homes, and my loaded banana bread recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday breakfast menu.
Banana bread is eaten up too quickly in my home, so I don’t usually freeze it, but I have known others who have great success freezing bread.
Loaded banana bread is a favorite treat for children and grownups alike! Take it to a party as an appetizer or eat it as an evening snack with a tall glass of milk! Believe me, this bread is called loaded banana bread for a reason. With chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and almonds, it is packed with flavor, plus it’s heavy enough to fill up an empty tummy!
Ingredients for Loaded Banana Bread:
1, 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
4 ripe bananas
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. stevia baking blend
2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
½ c. sliced almonds
¾ c. dried cranberries
Recipe Steps to Prepare and Bake Loaded Banana Bread:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the cream cheese for one minute or until soft.
2. Using a mixer, blend together the cream cheese and mashed bananas.
3. Add eggs, melted butter, and vanilla and continue mixing.
4. Mix in the stevia baking blend followed by the flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour banana bread mixture into a 9x13 glass baking dish sprayed lightly with baking spray. Approximate baking time is 45 minutes or until the center is fully baked. Cool and cut into large slices.
Please follow Peppermints and Cherries and subscribe to my monthly/bi-monthly newsletter!
Today’s featured recipe is part of the Favorite Family Recipes Blog Hop. Please check out the links below to visit the other bloggers who are also sharing their Favorite Family Recipes! What better time to up your cooking and baking game than during the months of November and December!
Meet this month's co-hosts:
Just in Case You Missed Them...
Previous Favorite Family Recipes Blog Hops