With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, blogs and social media are buzzing with free printables, tasty desserts, and crafts galore! Valentine’s is one of my favorite times of year partly because I love the colors pink and red. I used to have an addiction to those little conversation hearts but try to be good most of the time (not always!). By the way, I don’t like the ones that are crunchy. The perfect conversation heart is slightly soft, but still a hard candy. I can never remember which brand meets this expectation!
I made these Strawberry & White Chocolate Cookie Bars at Christmastime, and everyone loved them. They are perfect for Christmas or Valentines, but taste good any time and are super simple to make.
Ingredients for Strawberry and White Chocolate Cookie Bars:
½ cup oil
¼ cup water
strawberry cake mix
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Mix the egg, oil, and water together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the cake mix and stir until all ingredients are well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Place in a baking pan sprayed with baking spray. I use a 9x13 glass baking dish.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and cut into squares.
This recipe is so simple, even a child could make it with a little help from mom or dad! These strawberry cookie bars would be so cute in Valentine’s bags and could be given with a Valentine card attached. They would make great teacher gifts too!
Do you have a favorite Valentine’s treat? Write me a note in the comments!
Please follow Peppermints and Cherries and subscribe to my monthly/bi-monthly newsletter!